Monday, June 28, 2010

it's on

This morning I called the agency and accepted the case. I'm thrilled and crazed and I don't know what to do with myself. They gave me the birthmother's phone number and said I could call her this evening. I'm really nervous. I don't want to sound nervous over the phone. I'm sure she is too. I know she is sad. I wish I could talk to her face to face and give her a hug and hold her hand through the rest of this. She has other children by a different father. Her youngest is not even a year old. I've seen a picture of her with them. They all look happy and loved. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for her. She wants the best for this baby. I am in awe of this woman.

1 comment:

  1. I have never been a mom, I have been an Aunt, sister, best friend, adopted grandma, but never a mom. I am ecstatic that my sister is going to be adopting this woman's child and I am going to be her Aunt but I also feel a pain in my heart for this woman giving up her child. I hope my sister lets this woman know how much this little baby will be loved by many. She will have the best family (you all know what Joshua is like) and the best big brother.
    Well, I have already said to much, I love you and wish for the best and pray everything will work out the way we hope it will. Tanta Nisey

    ReplyDelete